A Gentlemen's Evening At Leo

My encounter with Leo began in early June, one day before my official birthday. It all started with a pair of Kenzo sneakers that I saw on the Internet. 

I was smitten by the sneakers’ hand painted tiger print, so I decided to pay a visit to the one and only Kenzo store in KL at the swanky Starhill Gallery, right before checking in into my room at the adjacent Marriott Hotel. However, to my surprise, I could not find it in the store and one of the store assistants suggested me to check out Leo, which is just one floor above.

As I made my way to Leo, my heart immediately pounded as I saw the facade of the store. Well, it wasn’t the interior or the window display that caught my attention. Rather, it was the head of the bas-relief lion, which clearly represents the spirit of the store — an abode of masculine fashion delights. 

I waltzed inside the store and truth be told, my heart kept palpitating on the sight of delicious designer shoes, wallets, ties and scarves. Think Roberto Cavalli, Calvin Klein Collection, Kenzo, John Galliano, Givenchy, and many more. Of course, my favourite Kenzo sneakers were there and I was very delighted to see it.

Suddenly, I was engulfed by dilemma. I’ve already bought three pair of shoes within a week and should I get another pair, rest assured hell’s temperature will be rising to another thousand degrees (if you know what I mean). 

Thus, after contemplating on the choices, I’ve decided to go with a Kenzo wallet instead. Believe me, that wallet – a fully leather bi-fold with embossed floral motif was one of the best fashion investments I had made ever. Well, besides my Dolce & Gabbana and Gucci sneakers, Salvatore Ferragamo driving shoes and Alexander McQueen brogues. Oh, not to forget my Nicholas Ghesquire for Balenciaga shirt as well, which I wore to the event. 

Thus, on the 19th of October, Leo officially opened its doors to all avid fashionistas. Imbued with luxury and splendour, the evening saw guests turning up in their best looks while being feted to sumptuous Italian buffet dinner. For me, that evening was indeed a memorable one as I finally got the chance to be reunited with dear friends in the fashion industry, as well as being in the good company of great acquaintances.

Singer Elvira warmed up the evening with a selection of songs before dancer Maple Loo stole the limelight with her sensual pole dance performance. Talking about performance, the ever-charming Datin Faridah Hashim took the mike (impromptu) and mesmerised the guests that evening with her renowned vocal prowess, belting out classic hits in a stunning all-white ensemble. 

Amidst all the fun, a lucky draw was also thrown in where lucky guests coolly walked home with exciting prizes, all courtesy of Leo. Hence, very big thanks and many thumbs up to Ida Lokman and her Leo team for organising such a wonderful event and I am certainly looking forward to shopping at Leo very soon.  

*Photos by Me

Leo - Adorn Floor, Starhill Gallery, 181 Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur.  

Comments

Popular Posts